Thursday, May 26, 2011

Logitech V200 Wireless Mouse

Are you a road warrior, laptop always at the ready? Tired of dealing with that pesky force stick or touch pad? Or do you have a desktop system with an annoying bunch of wires between you and the machine that you'd like to get rid of? If so, then perhaps a wireless mouse is just what you need. Today I am reviewing the Logitech V200 cordless notebook mouse.
The need

I own two laptop computers. One is an IBM equipped with their ubiquitous eraser-type force stick with two buttons and a scroll bar, and the other a Compaq with touch pad (it has two scroll buttons, but I can't seem to get them to work). While I prefer the touch pad to the force stick for mousing, the scroll bar in conjunction with the force stick is kind of nice. I must say that I don't really like either for the most part -- there are too many things that I can't do efficiently with either that I can with a three button scroll mouse.

After killing two cheap mini-mice with retractable cords within the space of three months (having a kid swinging the mouse by the cord to see it get longer didn't help, to be sure), I decided to invest in a quality cordless mouse. When I say invest, I mean I spent more than the $20 I would have spent for a cheapo cordless at the local *mart.

The Logitech V200 "cordless notebook mouse" put me back $30 at Office Max after a $10 in-store discount. I got the feeling that there was an identical model out there for five or ten dollars cheaper without the word "notebook" attached, but I wasn't about to go traipsing up to the city to look for a stoopid (misspelling intentional, thank you) mouse. As I later perused the Logitech website, I didn't see any regular or desktop cordless mice, so I guess that isn't so.

At any rate, the V200 is a sleek, red (the unit also comes in silver, blue and black) mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel, which is a left scroll, right scroll and center button. The USB transceiver is two inches long and snaps into a slightly recessed spot on the bottom of the mouse when not in use. The mouse will not sit flat with the transceiver stored, however. Once stored, the transceiver turns off the mouse, thus saving battery life. The packaging claims that the batteries will last a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paid2YouTube.com