Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Freecom Media Player 450 WLAN - Features Continued

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you've undoubtedly seen small USB drives, about the size of a car key, that you can use to transfer data from home to work, or home to school, or to a client. The biggest problem with these pocket-sized devices is their pocket-sized storage capacity. I have in my hands the Soyo SlimEX Platinum drive from Soyo Group, whose 20 GB capacity is nothing to sneeze at.
It really hit me how mainstream USB drives had become a few weeks ago when I was in my favorite office supply store to buy some school supplies for my son. I was standing in line at the register, and they had a small tub sitting on the counter, the same kind that may hold bubblegum or candies in a drug store. However, this bin contained literally hundreds of Flash drives. They weren't packaged, wrapped, or anything. The drives were just sitting in a grab-bag style on the counter for anyone to grab.

These drives each held 512 MB. I couldn't beat their $4.99 price tag, so I bought a few of them, on impulse. These weren't my first USB drives. I already own a few ranging in capacity from 128 MB to 2 GB. I've seen USB Flash drives as large as 16 GB on the market, but they're a little on the pricey side ($140). In comparison, the 20 GB Soyo SlimEX Platinum costs around $90 (that's $50 cheaper than the smaller Flash drive), but that's not where the benefits stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paid2YouTube.com